Friday, November 14, 2008

Knitting!

So, about this whole knitting thing. I guess since I found out I was pregnant I all of a sudden feel this urge to do motherly things or grandmotherly things, depending how you look at it. I actually took this new hobby up about 2 weeks ago. Self taught. With the help of the wonderful world wide web. It is actually a lot of fun. Not in the sense of make your heart race with excitement but its relaxing and gives you the sense of accomplishment at the end of a project. In these 2 weeks I have managed to knit a scarf and booties for the baby. Not too bad huh? Well so far this is sounding like another JOYFUL time in my life. Well, are you ready for this? I just reached the point of feeling like I could take my knitting needles and stab someone in the eye if they so much as look in my direction. Why you might ask? Well, I'll tell you. The crazy bitch that I am decided to take on a more challenging pattern. I figure I could chase that feeling of accomplishment I got with my other projects. Boy was I wrong. I feel like a gambler who pushed their luck and lost the clothes off their back in the middle of winter. I got decently far in the pattern before I realized that I had and extra 20 stitches unaccounted for. I went back into the pattern a billion times trying to find out where I might have gone wrong. I did more math trying to find my mistake then I did my entire high school career. I came up with nothing. No matter what I did and how I did it, I had 20 stitches I need to find a home for. I finally got so FRUSTRATED I decided to put my tail between my legs and accept the sudden sensation of defeat that came over me. So what did I do? I took the entire thing apart. Just as I thought the worst was over and I might be able to look at this as a learning experience, VOILA, a sudden light bulb went off in my already aching head. I figured out how to fix it. Yup, that's right. Too little too late. That, my friend would be the frustration to my joy. So, in the end, what did I learn? What was the reason this happened? I know. I am going to pick up those same needles I almost stabbed someone with and I am going to redo this pattern and finish it for the sense of accomplishment I was seeking from the beginning. Except now I will succeed due to the lesson learned my first time around. Just another example of a frustration for every joy. Stay tuned. Its just the beginning! Thanks, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment